With us since
Whilst camping in the South Australian bush in 1932, a young Reginald Murray ‘RM’ Williams created an elastic-sided leather boot to hold up against the rough terrain and the long outback rides. Little did he know, this sturdy boot would mark the start of his lifelong mission; from humble beginnings, R.M.Williams was born.
In the decades that followed, RM continued to handcraft products for hardworking stockmen and soon had a thriving mail-order business, before the increasing popularity of his products demanded the establishment of a full factory at Percy Street in 1934. Many craftsmen and women joined him and later settled into a new workshop at Frost Road in the 1970s, where production continues today.